DokuWiki is a standards compliant, simple to use Wiki, mainly aimed at creating documentation of any kind. It is targeted at developer teams, workgroups and small companies. It has a simple but powerful syntax which makes sure the datafiles remain readable outside the Wiki and eases the creation of structured texts. All data is stored in plain text files, no database is required.
DokuWiki has many features, and many more can be added through free plugin downloads.
The DokuWiki engine is licensed under GNU General Public License Version 2.
- Simple syntax
- Unlimited page revisions
- Recent changes
- Colored side by side diff support
- Uploading and embedding of images and other media
- Customizable Interwiki links
- Optional CamelCase support
- Content can be categorized in namespaces, easily browsable through an automatic index
- Section Editing allows editing of small parts of a page
- Toolbar and accesskeys make editing easy for beginners and professionals
- Easy navigation through breadcrumbs
- Automatic table of contents generation
- Locking to avoid edit conflicts
- Simple support for read only pages
- Extended Access Control Lists
- Spam blacklist
- Delayed Indexing
- Mailencryption and rel=nofollow support
- Support for over 30 languages
- Full UTF-8 support
- Romanization support for nicer URLs
- Optional automatic plural linking for English wikis.
- Index-based fast fulltext search
- Pagecaching for quicker rendering
- Ajax-enhanced interface